| Home Page
In Case You Missed It
Next Meeting of the Middlesex GOP Committee
New Kent High School Student to Address Middlesex Republicans
Benjamin Hager, New Kent County High School senior, will be featured speaker at the Thursday, February 21, meeting of the Middlesex County Republican Committee (MCRC) at Cooks Corner Public Conference Room, 2893 General Puller Highway, just east of Saluda. The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m.
Ben, 17, plays school soccer and competes with the school's Quiz Bowl team. He is also founding chairman of the New Kent High School Republican Club. Ben intends to talk about young people and politics and how their high school Republican group became active.
According to Ben, "I do this because I want to secure the future of our country and preserve the values that make America great."
Middlesex County high school students who wish to hear Ben speak are invited to attend this meeting as guests of MCRC.
Questions about the upcoming meeting or how to become an MCRC member can be directed to Trudy Feigum, MCRC chairman, 804-776-0833.
Guests and Members are invited to attend.
Do Illegal Aliens Have Any Impact On You?
Folks, You can click onto any state and see the effect that illegals are having on that state. It is a huge problem that needs to be dealt with quickly. Hang on to this and remind your Senators and House of Representatives of the cost to you in taxes you pay. This is money taken directly out of the economy that could be helping economic growth.
No wonder the coffers are bare and every governor wants to raise taxes.
Check-out the numbers for California. We’ve known for some time many Illegals don’t pay taxes, because they work for cash, yet they get a lot of government freebies like food stamps, phones, school, medical, utilities, rent, etc. We appear to be taking care of illegals rather than American citizens in actual need of assistance.
State by state detailed infographics on how much illegals burden you and your state:
BEST POLITICAL QUOTE OF ANY ERA:
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance."
Cicero, 55 B.C.
So, we've evidently learned nothing over the past 2,073 years!
1. The Governor of California was jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumped out and attacked the Governor's dog, then bit the Governor on the ass.
2. The Governor started to intervene, but reflects upon the movie "Bambi," and realizes he should stop, because the coyote was only doing what is natural.
3. He called animal control. Animal Control captured the coyote and billed the State $400 testing it for diseases and $700 for relocating it.
4. He called a veterinarian. The vet collected the dead dog and billed the State $800 testing it for diseases.
5. The Governor went to hospital and spent $4,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote, and, on getting his bite wound bandaged.
6. The running trail got shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducted a $400,000 survey to make sure the area was now free of dangerous animals.
7. The Governor spent $50,000 in state funds implementing a "coyote awareness program" for residents of the area.
8. The State Legislature spent $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
9. The Governor's security agent was fired for not stopping the attack. The state spent $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training on the nature of coyotes.
10. PETA protested the coyote's relocation, and filed a $15 million suit against the state.
1. The Governor of Texas was rolling along in his wheel chair with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumped out and attacked his dog.
2. He shot the coyote dead with his state-issued pistol, and kept rolling. The Governor spent $2.50 on a .45 ACP hollow-point cartridge.
3. Buzzards ate the dead coyote.
And that, amigo, is why California is broke, and, the great State of Texas prospers.
Looks like Florida has a sheriff like Arizona had.
Polk County Florida Sheriff - "You kill a policeman it means no arrest....no Miranda rights...no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...PERIOD."
Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.
The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area. As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times.
Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor, undocumented immigrant 68 times.
Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: "Because that's all the ammunition we had."
Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what??
The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes.
When asked by a reporter how that could be, since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE ever) . ..
"When you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."
To many Americans, conservatism and environmentalism are mutually exclusive ideologies. But to residents of Virginia's Middle Peninsula, the two go hand-in-hand.
Like his father, his grandfather, and his great-grandfather, J.C. Hudgins has spent his entire life in Mathews, Va., making his living off the Chesapeake Bay. Read Full Article HERE.
THOUGHTS about PROGRESSIVE SENSITITY
It’s been in the news recently that the rest of the EU is very upset with Poland complaining that Poland is not taking in its fair share of muslim migrants. Poland is refusing to take them in. So now the EU is proposing strict sanctions to punish Poland. Poland responded in saying that they’ll take the sanctions over the migrants. Ha! Kudos to Poland!
WELCOME to the Republican Party
Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grew up. She said she wanted to be President someday.
Both of her parents are Democratic Party members, and they were standing there, so I asked the little girl, "If you were President, what would be the first thing you would do?"
She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."
Her parents beamed with pride!
"Wow,... what a worthy goal," I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!"
"What do you mean?" she replied.
So I told her, "You can come here to my house, mow the lawn, pull the weeds, trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use to buy food and a new house."
She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over to do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"
I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."
Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.
Middlesex County Republican Committee
Meetings are the third Thursday of each month, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Cooks Corner Office Complex
2911 General Puller Highway
Saluda, VA 23149
Visitors are welcome!
Mailing Address: MCRC, PO Box 396, Hartfield, VA 23071
Chairman Trudy Feigum
|Copyright © 2014 Middlesex County G.O.P. All rights reserved|